Friday, September 28, 2012

The Sculptress

I have the presence of mind to know, that in my efforts to grow and evolve as a woman in our society, i will be carving myself into a new, unheard of mold.
I knew my path was untried and not always so true.
I knew I would face opposition.
I knew I would have to work stronger in my due diligence,
but once you know something it's hard to unknow it, so there is really no turning back now that the apple has not only been bitten, but has spread to  an orchard in my backyard.

I had not realized that there was such divisiveness in our leaders.

I was raised on Republicans that talked of honor and a man's word as gold, and the importance of sustaining a happy family.

Now the treasury is gone with slight of hand by a batch of men of advantage who cannot even fathom the ramifications of their behavior.

So when the voice in my head asks again  why I have failed to accomplish my endeavors I persuade it with the bits Ive managed to extricate from thin air and vision  despite the environment i stumbled into.

I have the presence of mind to understand that my mind is a present, most healthy, when the thoughts are driven to be in the present, oddly enough.

So i become the sculptress of  my reactions.
I know that I am true
and when allowed, my path reveals itself to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment